We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Capital cities often elude people when themed questions debut on a pub quiz, with many countries having shifted location or names over the years. As such, while most of them are common knowledge, they provide quiz composers with a chance to misdirect people.
15 capital city questions and answers for a home pub quiz
Capital city questions can make for a curious shift in theme for a pub quiz.
They are also versatile, incorporating elements of architecture, history and even anthropology.
Here, we have curated a selection of some of the trickiest capital city questions on cities from around the world.
- Friday quiz! Test your general knowledge in Express.co.uk’s puzzle
1. Which city did Ankara replace as Turkish capital in 1923?
2. What is the capital city of Ankara?
3. What is the capital of Australia?
4. What was the capital of ancient Persia?
5. What is the capital city of Hong Kong?
5. Trick question, there isn’t one
6. What is the capital city of Switzerland?
7. Which city was chosen as the capital city of Wessex in 1519?
Travel quiz questions and answers: 15 questions for your home pub quiz – QUIZ
Funny quiz team names: 30 hilarious pub quiz names – QUIZ
Cocktail quiz questions and answers: How well do you know cocktails? – QUIZ
- Travel quiz questions and answers: 15 questions for your home pub quiz
8. What was the capital city of Russia in 1917?
9. What is the capital of New Zealand?
10. Which city was the first capital of Egypt?
11. Which ancient capital city was named after Alexander the Great’s horse?
12. What is the capital of Brazil?
13. What is the capital of Cornwall?
14. What is the capital of Montenegro?
15. What is the capital of Poland?
Source: Read Full Article