The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox
A pet camera has exposed the dangers of leaving candle burning in the vicinity of cats – and also how they don’t care one bit about fire.
The terrifying footage shared to TikTok by @litothecat shows the feline in question strolling across a coffee table as her owner steps out of the room.
A candle is burning in the centre of the table but the cat is more interested in playing around with a dog.
But as they continue to play-fight, Leto accidentally drops her tail into the burning candle.
It almost immediately catches alight sparking a truly hilarious response from the feline.
While the dog reacts like any normal-minded being, by looking visibly worried, the chilled out cat simply turns around and stares at the blaze as if she is not in imminent danger.
Her owner has no idea what is unfolding but, thankfully, the fire goes out by itself.
In a separate clip, the woman does come to the cat’s rescue and she also shared a video of the injured tail – which seemed to have lost a chunk of fur but without seriously affecting the skin.
The video has been watched a staggering 18 million times since it was posted yesterday (November 23).
In the caption, the uploader said: “Don’t leave your cat around a candle, she is okay.”
But despite the dangers, viewers were left in stitches at the feline’s reaction to her tail catching on fire.
Many tried to impersonate the moggy’s voice, with one saying: “Dog said ‘should I go get mum?’ Cat said ‘nah, let’s just see what happens’.”
Another laughed: “More evidence that cats are sociopaths. They were like, ‘oh, I’m on fire. How pretty.”
A third said: “Cat was literally like, ‘huh… well would you look at that’.”
While someone else joked: “When your cat is so dead inside that she literally just watches herself burn."
Source: Read Full Article