Colorado may have the best zoo in America — if you get out and stuff the ballot box to support a special Front Range place that’s known for its giraffes.
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado Springs is in the running for Best Zoo in North America in the 10Best Reader’s Choice Awards by USA Today. Last year, the zoo was voted the fourth-best among the accredited zoos and aquariums zoos in North America.
This year, not only is the entire zoo up for the 10Best awards, but its Rocky Mountain Wild exhibit — which showcases regional wildlife with mountain lions, bald eagles, river otters and Grizzly bears — is up for the honor of best exhibit in North America. Last year, that display placed second in USA Today’s vote for best exhibits.
Currently, the zoo is ranked No. 3 in voting for the best zoo and No. 2 for best exhibit. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is asking for help, sharing that you can vote online to support the zoo here. Fans can vote once a day every until May 24.
The rankings for top zoo and exhibit by USA Today will be announced June 4.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter, In The Know, to get entertainment news sent straight to your inbox.
- Cheyenne Frontier Days to hold 125th festival at full capacity
- Oyster specials, thrifting, a Denver Zoo free day and more cheap Colorado fun in March
- How to tackle separation anxiety in dogs and cats
- WATCH: Mountain lion prowls through snowy Boulder yard
- Three Colorado theater leaders took the reins just as the pandemic and Black Lives Matter upended America
Source: Read Full Article