Claims royals said Meghan Markles acting was a problem rubbished by expert

Claims that members of the Royal Family said Meghan Markle's acting career was a 'problem' at the beginning of her relationship with Prince Harry have been rubbished by a Royal expert.

Speaking in their explosive documentary, Harry and Meghan, which launched on Netflix on Thursday (December 8), the pair discussed how members of the family didn't expect the relationship to last with Meghan, 41, adding that her career made her a 'typecast' in their eyes.

However, American journalist and Royal commentator Kinsey Schofield said this simply wasn't true after watching the first part of the series unfold.

READ MORE: Meghan urged to ‘have respect’ and 'do some reading’ as she was unprepared to meet Queen

Speaking in the second episode of the documentary, the Duke of Sussex said: "I remember my family first meeting her and being incredibly impressed. Some of them didn't quite know what to do with themselves! I think they were surprised.

"Maybe surprised that a ginger could land such a beautiful woman, and such an intelligent woman. But the fact that I was dating an American actress was probably what clouded their judgement more than anything else in the beginning.

"Oh she's an American actress… this won't last."

His wife added: "The actress thing… that was the biggest problem, funny enough. There was a big idea of what that looks like from the UK standpoint. Hollywood and… it was just very easy for them to typecast that."

Kinsey, meanwhile, who wrote the Princess Diana-inspired book 'R is for Revenge Dress' told the Daily Star: "Numerous individuals familiar with the situation said that Harry’s family encouraged Meghan to continue acting.

For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

"They did not want her to feel like she had to sacrifice her career. Harry referenced something similar in the Oprah interview… though it sounded money motivated… he suggested that Prince Charles wanted Meghan to keep working.

"And Gyles Brandreth reveals in his new book that the Queen encouraged Meghan to continue to pursue her acting career."

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to shed more light on their historic split from the Firm when the next three episodes of the docuseries are released next Thursday (December 15).

So far Buckingham Palace has declined to comment on the series, which reportedly had senior royals on high alert, although there has been speculation that King Charles and Prince William may be preparing to comment on any claims they disagree with when the full series is released next week.

READ NEXT:

  • Netflix slammed after expert debunks Harry and Meghan 'fake' press intrusion pic

  • Meghan and Harry have blown privacy 'out of the water' with upcoming Netflix doc

  • Meghan and Harry 'fear losing influence' and 'can't stay out of limelight', says expert

  • Princess Diana's ex-butler Paul Burrell demands Harry and Meghan be stripped of titles

  • Kate Middleton to lead royal 'united front' at service as Harry and Meghan's Netflix finale airs

Source: Read Full Article