Dog left barely able to walk after eating drugged human poo in park

A dog owner is warning others after her Frenchie Cross Staffy was seriously ill after eating human poo that contained traces of drugs.

Beth Harris, 31, was taking her dog Luna on a walk around Goldsworth Park in Woking when her dog went into the bushes and started eating something.

After showing signs that Luna was not her usual self, Beth took her to her local Vet4Pets, where the team managed to get her to vomit up what she had eaten.

Luna, who is two and a half years old, was discovered to have eaten human faeces, which the vet later revealed contained drugs.

"Her eyes were glazed over," Beth told the Daily Star.

"She was barely able to walk. My client even said Luna was not looking right so I took her straight to the vets. They immediately asked if she had eaten anything toxic.

"My ex later went to pick her up and the vets made her sick.

"She threw up human poo and the vet said there were drugs in it.

  • Asda delivery driver caught with pants down appearing to wipe bum after pooing

"He asked if we had anything with cannabis in the house as it is apparently quite common."

The only thing Luna had eaten was the mysterious item that was in the bush in Goldsworth Park.

Beth, a hairdresser, quickly pulled Luna from the bushes but was unable to see what she had eaten.

Luna started showing signs of being dazed and lethargic, which resulted in Beth making the decision to cancel her clients and take her to the vets.

  • Student's eyes rolled back after she was 'spiked with needle' at party as arm 'throbbed'

The dog was already seriously ill from eating the substance in the poo and if Beth had not quickly spotted the signs, the situation could have been much worse.

Luna had to have a cannula put in case vets had to act quickly but her beloved dog perked up after getting some of the substance out of her system.

She was allowed home after showing positive signs and prescribed Valium but struggled with her body temperature, which dropped low according to Beth.

  • Diana 'showed doubts' when Charles said 'whatever in love means' in notorious interview

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.

Luna is still recovering following the incident on November 2 with Beth being handed a bill for over £200 over the incident and faced a further £500 if Luna had to be admitted to the veterinary hospital overnight.

She is now keeping a close eye over Luna by bringing her into work and thankfully she seems to be feeling much better.

Beth took to social media warning others to be vigilant in the park after being unaware that something like this could happen to Luna.

She said: "I think it is disgusting. There are even toilets in the park so someone doing it in a bush is vile.

  • Millionaire ordered to demolish 'Britain's best man cave' he built illegally in garden

"Luna is doing a lot better. Still very sleepy and a bit zoned out. I am just glad I was around with her that day as she could have been going to her doggy daycare.

"I am not taking her off her lead in the park now. I urge people to be more aware and vigilant before their dog eats something they shouldn’t."

Source: Read Full Article