First picture of Travelodge receptionist, 27, beaten to death during night shift

A Travelodge hotel receptionist was beaten to death with a blunt instrument while working a night shift, an inquest heard.

Marta Vento, 27, originally from Valencia, Spain, was working as a receptionist in Bournemouth, Dorset, when a man came into the Travelodge and attacked her on December 9.

It is understood Marta was alone in the reception at the time of her death and was last spoken to at around 1am.

She suffered "multiple blunt force head injuries," an inquest into her death was told.

Police arrested a 32-year-old man on suspicion of her murder after he walked into Bournemouth police station to report the incident.

He was held under the mental health act for an initial 28-day period.

An inquest into Marta's death was opened and adjourned on Thursday by Dorset coroner Rachael Griffin.

  • Daily Star's newsletter brings you the biggest and best stories – sign up today

Ian Parry, Senior Coroner's officer, told a five-minute inquest hearing in Bournemouth: "I understand that Miss Vento was born on March 26, 1993, in Valencia and at the time of her death she was residing at an address on Derby Road in Bournemouth, Dorset.

"I also understand that she was a single lady and that she worked as a hotel receptionist.

"She died on December 9 at the Travelodge Hotel on Christchurch Road in Dorset.

"A post-mortem examination was undertaken upon the body of Miss Vento on December 10 at Holly Tree Lodge in Boscombe.

"I understand that the provisional cause of death was recorded as multiple blunt force head injuries."

He added: "Police were called to the location following reports of an unresponsive female.

"Paramedics and police arrived and the paramedics confirmed her death at the scene.

"The death of Miss Vento is subject to an ongoing police investigation.

"She was formally identified by way of fingerprint comparison."

Ms Griffin said she had no issues releasing Miss Vento's body to her family so that they can carry out a funeral.

The inquest was then adjourned until next May while the police carry out an investigation.

In a statement, a spokesman for Travelodge said: "We are deeply saddened to hear that a woman has died at Bournemouth Travelodge.

"Our thoughts and sincerest sympathy are with her family and our priority right now is to support the police with their investigation.

"As this is a live police investigation we cannot make any further comment at this stage."

Source: Read Full Article