Footage shows girl, 9, playing with sister just before being fatally stabbed

A young girl stabbed to death was filmed playing in the street just moments before the tragedy.

Lilia Valutyte, nine, was caught on CCTV innocently hula-hooping with her sister outside their mum's office in Boston, Lincolnshire, on July 28.

Just 10 minutes later, Lilia is seen being rushed to by emergency service crews, responding to calls that she had been stabbed in broad daylight at around 6.20pm.

In the images obtained by ITV, members of the public can be seen being ushered by police officers away from the horrific scene.

Lincolnshire Police believes the youngster suffered a single stab wound.

On Monday, 22-year-old Deividas Skebas appeared at Lincoln Magistrates' Court to face a charge of murdering Lilia.

He spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address during the short five-minute hearing.

Judge Simon Hirst remanded Skebas in custody ahead of his next appearance at Lincoln Crown Court on September 19.

Lilia was described as someone who was kind, funny and always wanted to make her little sister laugh.

One resident said: "We are a close-knit community here and the town is rocked to the core by this tragedy.

"She was just a little girl. It's the most shocking tragedy to ever befall our little town. I'm just speechless."'

Police said Lilia's parents continue to be supported by specially-trained officers while investigations continue.

A force spokesperson said: "Their welfare continues to be a priority for us."

Chief Superintendent Martyn Parker added: "This is a heartbreaking case that has affected many people in Boston, and further afield.

For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

"Our thoughts continue to be with Lilia's family at this exceptionally difficult time.

"The response to such a devastating incident has involved committing significant resources to the investigation and engaging with people in Boston who are understandably shocked by Lilia's death.

"Our officers have been in the town, speaking to the public and listening to their concerns.

"We'll continue to maintain a significant presence over the coming days.

"Finally, I'd like to extend my thanks once again to the public and the media, who have provided help in a challenging and fast-moving case. Your support is appreciated by our officers and staff."

Source: Read Full Article