Gorgeous woman, 29, found dead in AirBnb bathroom after night out for hen do

A woman who had gone on a hen do to celebrate her friend's upcoming wedding was found dead in the bathroom of her Airbnb in a devastating incident.

29-year-old Kay Reed, from Yorkshire, had travelled to Liverpool with a group of women in April for a friend's hen do.

The group's celebratory weekend saw them playing crazy gold, going out for food and drinking, but ended in tragedy when Kay was found dead just an hour after returning to the apartment from a night out.

READ MORE: 'Happy little boy', 1, died after 'being left for a minute' by lake on family trip

An inquest in Liverpool was told on Monday that emergency services were called when Kay was found unconscious on the bathroom floor, but paramedics were tragically unable to revive her, the Liverpool Echo reports.

A coroner has now issued a warning about the dangers of alcohol, claiming that the cause of Kay's death is "not something that is unusual".

The court was told that Kay had travelled from Redcar to Liverpool on April 29 and spent the night drinking with her friends.

The next day the group went to Wetherspoons in the morning before playing crazy golf and then eating at Five Guys.

They went back to their rental apartment to get ready for a night out and spent the evening at the Alma De Cuba bar on Seel Street.

Kay had begun complaining of feeling sick when the group returned to the apartment at 12:30pm and went to bed.

But she was discovered unresponsive on the bathroom floor at around 1:30am by her friend, Louise Johnson.

The call centre operative has been described as 'gorgeous' and 'bubbly' by her heartbroken friends, who have paid tribute to her.

Bride Lauren Kenny said: "Keep smiling and singing gorgeous girl! Until we meet again you will always hold a special place in my heart."

Gemma said: "Kay, you had the ability to instantly put people at ease. From the moment we met, your positive bubbly personality just radiated and it was an absolute pleasure being around you.

"I cannot believe how our weekend with so many amazing memories ended the way it did and I’m just so sorry."

Samantha added: "Your personality shone brightly and now you’re shining down on all of us. Keep dancing up there, until we meet again."

Coroner Anita Bhardwaj concluded Kay's death to be alcohol-related, saying it was "more likely than not" that she had been rendered unconcious by the alcohol before vomiting and inhaling "gastric acid into her upper airway, resulting in her death".

Warning others about the shocking incident, Bhardwaj said: "It's something that a lot of people do, going out drinking, it's not something that is unusual and she was clearly very unfortunate as to the results of what happened.

"I think this just demonstrates how dangerous alcohol can be."

READ NEXT:

  • Bloke who was 'still alive tried to get out of bodybag' while being sent to morgue

  • Builder, 21, 'with heart of gold' found dead in hotel after house destroyed by fire

  • Dad took his own life after daughter, 29, died from botched Brazilian bum lift

  • Woman laid dead in London flat for whole week before neighbour reported 'foul smell'

  • Dad-of-four tragically drowns while scuba-diving at eerie sunken shipwreck off UK coast

Source: Read Full Article