Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Netflix show "wasn't always the full story" with the couple having "a lot of control", according to a royal expert.
The first three episodes of the six-part series, titled Harry & Meghan, landed on the streaming platform yesterday (Thursday, December 8).
In it, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex opened up about what they called the "dirty game" of royal life.
READ MORE: Royal protocol revelation shows 'Meghan thought people would bend for her', says expert
One of the most explosive moments was Harry claiming that the Royal Family considered the abuse Meghan received to be a "rite of passage" into The Firm.
The bombshell TV event has been met with mixed reviews so far, but according to royal expert Gertrude Daly it was "excellently produced" and more well "researched and fact-checked" compared to the Sussexes' bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021.
However, Gertrude caveated her praise by noting how "it framed everything in a way that suited the Sussexes and their narrative".
She told the Daily Star: "It wasn’t always the full story.
"I think it is important to remember this was co-produced by the Sussexes' Production company. The couple had a lot of control over the narrative. It was carefully crafted to pull at the viewer's heartstrings and make Harry and Meghan the sympathetic victims.
"We should also remember all those scenes from their new life were intentionally filmed for Netflix for this documentary. And this process began in February 2020, shortly after the couple announced they were stepping down, but while the couple were still technically working royals."
The series is part of the lucrative deal the Sussexes signed with Netflix after they quit the Royal Family in 2020.
Their deals with both Netflix and Spotify are thought to be worth well over £110million, and this is something Gertrude thinks we need to keep in mind.
She added: "The Sussexes are making tens of millions off of this production deal with Netflix. This is not just their story, but a way to profit off of it."
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
King Charles 'may ban Harry and Meghan from coronation' over Netflix series, says expert
Meghan's 'mocking' curtsy would have Queen 'turning in her grave', fume royal fans
Royal insider insists Meghan's claim about wedding to Prince Harry is 'a complete lie'
Source: Read Full Article