Prince Harry has been urged to skip the Oscars awards ceremony and instead travel to the UK to attend a memorial for the late Prince Philip.
The 37-year-old is set to miss his grandfather’s remembrance service due to security concerns over him travelling back to England.
But the controversial royal could still attend the Hollywood awards event with his partner Meghan Markle – despite royal experts warning him it would be a bad idea, reports The Express.
Pundit Angela Mollard told Australian morning show Sunrise: "There's a lot of talk it's going to go ahead but can you really turn up and stand on the stage at the Oscars and not turn up for your grandfather's memorial?
“I've got a problem with that. You do all the glory and handshaking with the celebrities but not your own family. There will be outrage."
Whilst presenter Kylie Gillies added: "What's he thinking, why wouldn't you be there for your grandfather's memorial?
“Leave Meghan at the Oscars. You can do both, it would mean the world to the family."
There has been widespread speculation that Harry and Meghan will co-present an award at Monday's ceremony, but the California-based couple have yet to confirm or deny if they will be attending.
The Sun reports that organisers of the 94th Academy Awards originally approached the couple about presenting an award last year, and that Meghan may have been asked to present Best Actress solo if Harry was unavailable.
However this was reportedly ruled out when Kristen Stewart was nominated for her role as Princess Diana in Spencer to avoid an "awkward" situation".
Philip's memorial service will be held at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday (March 29).
Harry announced he would not be attending after his request to pay for police protection himself was denied by the Home Office.
Stay up to date with all the latest royal news by signing up to one of our free newsletters here.
Robert Palmer QC, representing the Home Office, told a court the Duke's offer of private funding was "irrelevant".
He said in a written submission: “Personal protective security by the police is not available on a privately financed basis.
“And the Royal and VIP Executive Committee [RAVEC] does not make decisions on the provision of such security on the basis that any financial contribution could be sought or obtained to pay for it.”
The Daily Star has reached out to the Sussexes for comment.
Source: Read Full Article