Kate Middleton and Prince William have vowed to help Britain battle coronavirus as the last senior Royals left on the frontline.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have vowed to "do whatever they can" to help out, days after it was revealed that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will settle permanently in California.
With Prince Charles in recovery and the Queen self-isolating for her own safety, Kate and William have reportedly been working "flat out" to support the British people and the NHS.
Sources told the Sunday Mirror: "In extraordinary times, you need an extraordinary effort.
"The Duke and Duchess have links to many sectors, the willingness to show unity with the country and an ability to bring people together.
"As other family members are out of action, they have been working flat out and stand ready on the front line to do whatever they can but when the time is right.
"William has spoken of his sense of duty and now, in the midst of this crisis, he feels it more than ever."
Kate and William will reportedly make further contributions to help alleviate the pandemic after the UK is released from its lockdown banning public gatherings and urging people to stay at home.
On Thursday they published a video of their three young children participating in the Clap for Carers event, with Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis applauding NHS staff.
Prince William is patron of homeless charities The Passage and Centrepoint, and reportedly said: "We are in a life and death fight to help those living on the streets in this public health emergency."
The government has since urged all councils to shelter every homeless person in Britain shelter by tonight.
Live updates on COVID-19 cases near you
- London: 2,433
- Midlands: 808
- South East: 590
- North West: 496
- North East and Yorkshire: 446
- East of England: 452
- South West: 278
Northern Ireland: 149
Two weeks ago he and Kate visited frontline health workers at a 111 centre in South London.
Earlier this week it was reported that Meghan and Harry had fled their home in Vancouver Island and permanently moved to Los Angeles with baby Archie as borders were closing due to the pandemic.
The royal couple made the dramatic move out of a Commonwealth country just days before they officially step down as senior Royals.
The news reportedly shocked the rest of the Royal Family who had assumed the couple might return to Britain amid the health crisis, especially after Prince Charles, 71, tested positive for Covid-19.
Source: Read Full Article