Manhunt launched after vicious stabbing as police officer ‘clipped’ by car

The Daily Star’s FREE newsletter is spectacular! Sign up today for the best stories straight to your inbox

A manhunt has been launched after a brutal stabbing on the streets of the capital as police deny an officer was mowed down at the scene.

Emergency services descended on Hackney, north London overnight on Thursday following reports of a vicious knife attack.

Police found a victim with a stab wound in the early hours, thought to be just after 2am.

A manhunt is now on to track down the suspect, who remains at large following the stabbing.

Hackney Police said: "Police dealt with a stabbing in Seven Sister Road this morning.

"Victim sustained single stab wound. Suspect remain outstanding."

Police have also clarified reports that an officer was mowed down at the scene by a car that sped through a police cordon.

The Met said an officer was treated for shock by paramedics after a "fast travelling car" speed past.

A spokesman said: "An officer responding to the incident came in close contact with a car travelling past the scene.

"Fortunately, the car only brushed past the officer and did not fully collide with him. He wasn’t injured but was treated by paramedics for shock."

It comes after a community reverend who was at the scene said a PC was left “screaming and crying” after a car reportedly smashed into him as he investigated the attack near Manor House Station, Hackney.

The injured officer was said to be hyperventilating on the floor after the car crashed into him, hitting his arm and leg and leaving him in agony.

Passerby Efrayim Goldstein said the PC was standing behind a cordon which was set up after a horror stabbing overnight when a white car sped through police tape.

The 30-year-old reverend was on his way home when he passed the scene in the early hours.

He claims the officer signalled for the car to stop before it “swerved at the last second” and clipped the PC.

Efrayim, a qualified first responder, and a female officer rushed to his aid, The Mirror reports.

  • At least 25 feared dead as boat carrying flood victims capsizes in major river

The witness told the outlet the officer begged: "Please help me."

He said: "He was kneeling onto the other officer and then went back on to the ground.

"I then supported his back with my body so he could open his zip.

"He was lucky. He could've died. He was screaming and crying."

The witness went on: "He drove through the first line of tape towards the officer head-on.

"He was driving quickly, there was black smoke as he turned. He swerved at the last second, he may have clipped his hand and leg"

  • Police
  • London
  • MET Police

Source: Read Full Article