Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are still “desperately hoping” to visit the Queen in the UK this summer despite the coronavirus crisis.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who will quit as senior royals on March 31, are now living in Canada but due to heat to Windsor Castle later this year.
They are planning to stay at the Queen’s Berkshire residence with the baby Archie – who Her Majesty has rarely seen.
They are also set to stay at the monarch’s Scottish retreat in Balmoral in what will be Archie’s first UK trip since moving to Canada last year.
But the visit is now being overshadowed by the Covid-19 outbreak that is gripping Britain, leaving 104 dead and thousands infected.
And the Queen, who is set to move out of Buckingham Palace today to effectively go into self-isolation at Windsor Castle, is now reportedly looking to scale back engagements including her grandson’s visit.
Yet a source has told The Sun that Harry, 36, and Meghan, 38, are keen to make sure the trip still goes ahead.
They said: Harry and Meghan are still desperately hoping that they will be able to come over the summer and spend time with the Queen.
"They are looking forward to the visit immensely and are hoping by the time of the trip, which is scheduled, for around June or July that the situation will have settled down.
Meghan and Harry 'self-isolating' with 'helpless' Prince worried about Queen
"But everyone at the moment is mindful that things may have to change and that the health of the Queen and the rest of the Royal Family will be put before anything else.”
The comments come after Harry and Meghan shared a new post on Instagram using the public to “come together” in the face of the global pandemic.
They said in a statement: “This moment is as true a testament there is to the human spirit.”
They added: “These are uncertain times. And now, more than ever, we need each other. We need each other for truth, for support, and to feel less alone during a time that can honestly feel quite scary.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'feel immense relief’ at leaving the UK
“How we approach each other and our communities with empathy and kindness is indisputably important right now. Over the coming weeks, this will be our guiding principle.
“We are all in this together, and as a global community we can support each other through this process – and build a digital neighbourhood that feels safe for every one of us.”
It comes after Buckingham Palace announced this week that the Queen’s garden parties are being cancelled over the Covid-19 outbreak, as well as a host of other mass-gathering engagements.
They also hinted that the Queen’s birthday celebrations in June, Trooping the Colour, will also be axed.
- Meghan Markle
- Prince Harry
- Royal Family
Source: Read Full Article