Metal bolt cooked into takeaway doner kebab chips fuming mums teeth

A mum claims she has been left with "chipped teeth" after biting into a metal bolt found in her takeaway and is now on a raft of antibiotics and awaiting root canal treatment.

Worst still, the 34-year-old – who 'suffers with confidence issues' – says as her teeth cannot be fixed they will be chipped for life.

The mum-of-one claims she bought an £8.49 kebab and naan bread meal from Seavers Fish and Chips shop in Rowley Regis, Sandwell, reports BirminghamLive.

READ MORE: Refugees marooned on tiny 'hell on Earth' Greek island covered in scorpions and snakes

Reliving the horror, she said: "I eat with the front of my teeth and it was just like a hard crunch. I spat my food out and that is where the bolt was.

"I literally spat out the bolt. It has chipped two of my teeth in the process." The bolt, said to measure 1.5cm by 1.2cm, fell off a kebab machine, she said, which the company confirmed also took place.

The woman, from Cradley Heath in Sandwell, said she phoned the chip shop "straight away" and complained about what happened.

She said: "They asked me to keep the bolt because they needed it back. It was off of their kebab machine.

"I'm not the most confident person anyway. I very rarely leave the house and now I have got these chips in my teeth.

"I have been on antibiotics for two weeks, I broke down in the dentist's room. It is not the nicest, it really isn't."

She contacted the environmental health department at Sandwell Council following the incident on June 24.

She claimed the department called her on Wednesday, August 3, informing her that the chip shop had "admitted" to leaving the bolt in her food. However, she claims the council also advised her to contact a solicitor.

The woman said she had started to become a regular customer at the chip shop – which has a three-star hygiene rating – having moved from West Bromwich to Cradley Heath, but she has vowed not to shop there again.

She said: "I went through Instagram and got in touch (with the chip shop) through there and ended up speaking to one of the owners.

"He was lovely, really nice and very concerned. I ended up talking to him for two weeks. He ended up offering me a £100 voucher for the chippy and I went 'I don't think so'. I am not going back there."

In response to the story, an office manager for the business, who gave his name as Manish, said the company accepted that a bolt fell off one of its kebab cutting machines at the Rowley Regis shop.

He said: "She (the customer) did make a complaint. She has called up Sandwell Council.

"The Food Standards Agency (FSA) has been out. We told them we have followed protocol within the store.

"We also notified the kebab cutting company that it fell off one of their cutters. The FSA are fine with all of our procedures in place and they said it is just a human error, and they said we have done everything that we can.

"Sandwell Council has been out, they have carried out their investigation and checked all of our paperwork. They got back to us and said it is a general mistake and can happen in any business, at any time.

"When the FSA did come out, we admitted that the bolt is ours, it has genuinely come off the machine. We even told FSA that we will provide them with a receipt to prove we actually bought a new screw.

"We are not denying the fact at all. It is just a general mistake that has happened, it has fallen off one of the kebab cutters that we have purchased.

"We have admitted liability and dealt with it internally as well, with the manager. The FSA has been out and carried out their full investigation and checked our paperwork.

"It is all logged that the screw did fall off. We have got evidence to prove we did buy a new screw.

"We are not denying the fact that it happened. We apologised to the customer."

  • Masturbating monkeys use stones as sex toys but never climax in special sanctuary

In response to the story, a spokesperson for Sandwell Council said: "Sandwell Council’s Environmental Health Team was made aware of this case on the 12 July 2022 and undertook an investigation at the businesses. The customer who raised the complaint has been made aware of the outcome.

"It is standard approach to advise customers who raise food complaints that any decision or action by Environmental Health does not prevent them from taking their own action."

READ NEXT:

  • ‘Mexico’s most dangerous cartel’ burn down buildings as schools shut in terror campaign

  • Woman’s decapitated head found in box in region ravaged by drug cartel violence

  • 'Mexico's most powerful drug cartel' execute new police chief by blowing off his head

  • Grandparents, 90 and 96, executed by Mexican drug cartel in brutal revenge killing

  • Mexican 'murder resort' once a Brit favourite now controlled by El Chapo's savage gang

Source: Read Full Article