Monster mum who killed son, 3, and stuffed body in suitcase freed after 7 years

An evil mum who beat her toddler son to death before stuffing his body in a suitcase has been freed after just seven years behind bars.

Monster Rosdeep Adekoya, 41, was sentenced to 11 years for the killing of three-year-old Mikaeel Kular but she secured early release by learning how to be a model prisoner.

The mum-of-five killed defenceless Mikaeel after a night out at a Nando's restaurant in 2014.

Adekoya thought he had disobeyed her by eating too much. When he fell ill at their home in Edinburgh, she beat him repeatedly over three days until he died from agonising internal injuries.

She wrapped his body in a duvet and stuffed it into a suitcase, then dumped it near her sister’s home in Kirkcaldy and reported him missing.

She was freed from Cornton Vale women's prison in Stirlingshire and relatives are thought to have met her following her release.

A source told the Sun: "She's been doing what she can to prove she's a model prisoner – and it worked.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

"But seven years is a slap on the wrist. It's disgraceful."

A former fellow inmate said: "Some prisoners are glad to see the back of her, but a lot are angry she's out so soon."

None of Adekoya's immediate family, including her parents, would comment, the Sun reports.

But Simone Evelyn, 33, who lives yards away from where poor Mikaeel was killed, said: "I'm disgusted to hear that monster will be given a new life after she ended her young son's."

  • Paramedic killed when 'object' struck windscreen was 'respected mentor who had retired'

After Mikaeel was killed and his mum reported him missing, a desperate search ensued involving hundreds of concerned locals before his remains were found in woodland.

One neighbour recalled how he helped look for the lad after Adekoya said he had let himself out of their home and vanished.

He said: "When it turned out she did it everybody was disgusted. Her release is morally repugnant.”

  • UK Weather: Balmy sunshine set to stay as mini-heatwave sees parks and pubs packed

Adekoya, who had a history of depression and admitted culpable homicide in court, carried out internet searches including: "I find it hard to love my son," and "cover up bruises."

The High Court in Edinburgh heard Mikaeel suffered 40 separate injuries in her sickening onslaught, but did not take him to a doctor for fear her abuse would be uncovered.

The Crown accepted she did not intend to kill her son, who had been in care.

Sentencing Adekoya for taking the life of her "happy, healthy little boy," Lord Glennie blasted: "What you did was cruel and inexcusable."

The Scottish Prison Service said: "We do not comment on individual prisoners."

Source: Read Full Article