Palace ‘launch planned and cunning offensive’ on Meghan Markle’s racism claims

The Queen's response to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah Winfrey interview may have unveiled a "cunning game" Buckingham Palace may have, "all along, been playing" against the couple, an Australian Royal expert claimed.

Meghan Markle sat down with U.S. chat show host, and friend, Oprah, to discuss her time inside the Firm and the fall out of Megxit.

At one point, the former Suits star, who is mixed-race, sensationally revealed a conversation had been had between senior Royals about the colour of Archie’s skin tone prior to his birth.

She went on to add that it concerned her that Archie had not been given a title. Despite this move being in line with decades-old Royal precedent, she reckons it was his birthright to have one.

Her claims of racism shocked the world, and it wasn’t long after that the Queen, through Buckingham Palace, released a statement.

In the response, the Palace said it would look at the “concerning” issues the couple had raised, stating that they would be discussed “privately.”

Australian Royal expert Daniela Elser, who has 15 years experience reporting on the family, said the Palace have "bided their time" before going on the "offensive" against Meghan and Harry.

Like what you see? Then fill your boots…

Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?

Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter – it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily Star Page 3 girls.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

Writing for News AU, Ms Elser said it appears “the house of Windsor might have, all along been playing a far savvier and more cunning game,” than the couple.

She said the Firm, including Harry’s immediate family, could be "plotting and planning" a PR "fightback."

Ms Elser said the first indication of this plan was initiated at the weekend with the publication of the Sunday Times "The Other Brother,” piece, which was a detailed profile of Prince William.

  • Prince William 'personally sorted' Palace drama in run-up to Meghan and Harry's wedding

The expert claims William’s friends, who were cited in the article, would not have "opened their mouths within yelling distance of a journalist and her trusty tape recorder without royal approval."

She wrote: "Rather than parrying with the Sussexes and trying to directly land a few punches (metaphorically speaking of course), instead the palace has crafted a far more canny approach, having bided their time and made the decision to retaliate on their own terms.

"Rather than going on the defensive are primarily focused on going on the offensive."

Source: Read Full Article