Rampaging bodybuilder yells ‘I am Superman’ before threatening to kill police

A bodybuilder claimed he was “Superman” and threatened to kill police officers after being caught wandering the streets without his trousers.

Rhys Evans, 32, was walking around Sydney, Australia, on December 3 and asking strangers for help while carrying his trousers.

After police tried to detain him, Evans yelled “I am Superman and I will kill you”, theDaily Telegraphreported.

One officer fell down stairs onto a concrete path and five others were required to restrain him.

On October 30, Evans was pulled over on a motorway after driving his Range Rover on the wrong side of the road and crashing into several parked cars.

He was tasered a second time and eight officers subdued him.

In Manly Local Court, Evan's laywer told Magistrate Bruce Williams that her client was suffering from long-term mental health and drug issues.

Solicitor Carrie Nicol said: “It came undone last year.”

She added: “Assaulting police officers is serious … all they were trying to do is protect the public … and were hurt as a result.”

  • Burglar breaks into pub, gets drunk and falls asleep before being found by landlord

Evans was jailed for 18 months after pleading guilty to offences including assault, resisting arrest, failing to stop during a police pursuit and reckless driving.

Earlier this week, shocking footage emerged of a police officer tasering a knife-wielding man who was threatening to stab his wife.

PC Chris Wright discharged his weapon at David Wilkie, outside a block of flats on Staple Hill in Bristol on June 16 last year,Bristol Livereported.

Bristol Crown Court later heard that Wilkie, 41, had assaulted his wife and threatened her, and was going around the walkway of the block of flats with several long knives in his hand.

  • UK weather: Met Office forecast flash floods and power cuts for Brits with 7ins of snow

On the day in question, he pawned her phone to pay off a drug debt before coming home.

After threatening to cut himself, he threw his partner to the floor and against a wall before grabbing a knife, the court heard.

Wilkie pleaded guilty to possessing a blade, affray, common assault and criminal damage.

He was jailed for 12 months in July.

Source: Read Full Article