Rock hard lumps removed from dogs’ stomachs after they chewed on gorilla glue

A pair of dogs who leapt 6ft feet into the air for Gorilla Glue had "rock hard" lumps form inside their stomachs.

Vets had to perform emergency surgery on Remi and Reeva who chewed open a bottle of super glue and spread it all over the kitchen.

Nicky Carter said she only left her Spanish Galgo dogs alone in the house for a short time but it was enough for them to wreak potentially fatal damage.

When Nicky returned to her home in Milford on Sea, Hampshire, she found the duo smothered in the powerful adhesive.

She said: "When we arrived home we were shocked by what we saw.

"There was glue everywhere – in their mouths, on their paws and legs and in their beds. It was really frightening because the glue goes hard when in contact with the air."

After rushing them to Seadown Veterinary Services in Hythe, Remi and Reeva were given anti-poison drugs and charcoal paste, to prevent toxins being absorbed into the bloodstream, Daily Echo reports.

When the dogs started vomiting after eating, concerned Nicky took them back to the vets where radiographs revealed the glue had expanded as a solid inside them.

Nicky added: "After couple of days Remi brought up a hard bit of glue but otherwise both dogs seemed fine. However, as the days passed we noticed they were not eating well and rushed them back to Seadown.

  • Raging farmer fly kicks vegan activist in the back as group films on his property

"It was hugely worrying, I thought I was going to lose them.”

A Seadown spokesperson said: "Since the dogs are deep chested and their stomachs sit under their ribs, it had not been possible to feel the extent of the obstruction beforehand, but it became clear we needed to operate.

"Both their stomachs were full of rock hard glue that would never have been passed."

Nicky added: "Remi and Reeva took a little time to get over the ordeal. Remi lost a lot of weight and looked like a hat-rack for a while but both dogs have healed beautifully and have made a remarkable recovery.

"I cannot thank Seadown enough, they are the most marvellous of vets. I would like other dog owners to know our story because whilst accidents can happen, this was completely unforeseen.

"Why Remi and Reeva wanted to jump so high to reach an unopened carton of glue from such a high shelf, we will never know.

"Gorilla Glue will now always be kept well out of sight and in a secure cupboard."

For more incredible stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here

Source: Read Full Article