The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's foundation chief, who accused Meghan Markle of bullying, has stepped down.
Jason Knauf reportedly made the complaint against the former Suits star in October 2018, when he worked for Meghan as her communications assistant.
The claims are currently being investigated by a third-party law firm drafted in by Buckingham Palace after they were made public in 2020.
Meghan denied the claims and a spokesman said she is "saddened" by the accusations, describing them as an "attack on her character."
In a statement, a spokesman for the Duchess said: "The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.
"She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good."
The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced Knauf's departure on Wednesday, with the aide describing his time with the Royals as the "privilege of his career."
He reportedly handed in his notice and took up a position overseas, with Kensington Palace calling his decision to leave a "planned international relocation."
Mr Knauf added: "I will always be grateful for the opportunity I have had to support their leadership in the UK and internationally."
Kate and William thanked Jason for being an "integral" part of their team since 2015, stating that they are "grateful for his hard work and commitment."
The couple said they are "sad to see him go" but "wish him all the very best in his future career," confirming they would be hiring for a new Chief Executive later on in 2020.
Kate Middleton ‘stepping out of William’s shadow’ to be 'adored like Princess Diana'
In a statement posted to Twitter, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge said: "Jason has been an integral part of our team since 2015. We are immensely grateful for his hard work and commitment, both at The Royal Foundation and previously as our Communications Secretary.
"Since taking over as Chief Executive, Jason has driven positive change, making our vision for our charitable work and the causes that matter most to us a reality.
"We are sad to see him go but wish him all the very best in his future career. We look forward to launching the recruitment search shortly and welcoming a new Chief Executive later on this year."
Source: Read Full Article