Woman sues McDonalds for receiving chemicals in a cup rather than coffee

A lawsuit has been filed against an American branch of fast food chain McDonald's after a customer alleged they were served chemicals that caused her ongoing health problems.

Sherry Head claims she had pulled into the drive-thru and ordered a caramel macchiato which turned out to be a cup full of chemicals rather than the coffee she had purchased.

The lawsuit alleges that Head now suffers from throat troubles and other issues that may need surgery to repair the damage caused by the alleged chemicals.

READ MORE: Ronnie Pickering now – cult meme hero's antics in seven years since viral rant

Head and her representatives are hoping the lawsuit makes the Alabama-based franchise store clean up its act on the restaurant's coffee makers.

Head said: "I took a sip, and immediately my mouth and throat went numb, then started burning. Now I have permanent scarring in my throat and may need corrective surgery."

After taking a sip of the drink and realising the liquid in the cup was allegedly not coffee, Head headed back through to the drive-thru and requested assistance.

According to her lawyers, she was snubbed of assistance and employees at the chain ignored her pleas for them to call emergency services.

Alyssa Baxley, Head's attorney, said employees were also of no help even after police had arrived.

  • Desperate Russians google 'How do I break my arm?' after Putin announces conscription

Baxley said: "When first responders arrived, McDonald’s employees again refused to help, denying the requests from medical personnel to show them the bottle of the chemical that had been served to her, despite Sherry needing emergency care."

The lawsuit is demanding £2.6million ($3million) in compensatory damages and £8.8million ($10million) in punitive damages, Fox reported.

Head also spoke of drinking the "liquid chemical" and how horrified she was during her ordeal, which took place on December 21, 2022.

Head added: "It was terrifying. I drank a liquid chemical and it seemed like no one cared."

For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.


  • Death Row Killer who wants to be gassed with nitrogen has execution delayed
  • Wannabe arsonist sets themselves on fire while trying to torch house with kids inside
  • Putin lover taunts Brits by live streaming gas stove as Russian dead hits 80,000
  • 'Bleach mum' sentenced to death after poisoning children for social media donations
  • Harry and Meghan 'ordered to apologise to royals' for infamous Oprah interview comments

Source: Read Full Article